The GERMAN CLUB, Manila was founded under the name CASINO UNION on the initiative of Otto Franz von Möllendorff, who served as German consul in Manila from 1886 until 1896.
The CASINO UNION was primarily a social club, offering recreation and pleasant diversion to its members in a well-appointed clubhouse by the Pasig River, at 209 General Solano Street in San Miguel, an elegant suburb of Manila, where wealthy merchants, diplomats and government officials resided.
On January 16th, 1906 the Union changed its name and was officially recorded as DEUTSCHER KLUB (German Club). Although closed from 1919 – 20 and 1945 – 48, the Club thus celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2006.
In 1979, after occupying various locations around Old Manila, the Club purchased its own site at the penthouse of the Eurovilla II building in Legaspi Village, Makati City.
The premises have been continually renovated and refurnished over the years, providing a perfect venue for fine dining and many special events as well as spontaneous get-togethers of members and their guests.